Kevin Wesley December 11, 2012 •
Tips & Tricks
Hello there Techies,
Apparently with some of the recent updates to Adobe and Encompass – A lot of people are having issues viewing or printing items in Encompass.
Please carefully read this entire set of instructions.
A few things to check:
- Have the user close Encompass and reboot.
- Connect to their workstation using Team viewer or Crossloop.
- Open the Printer Properties on the Encompass Printer (NOT the Encompass Efolder printer)
- Check the port the printer is set to. It should be a local port that is not assigned to any other device. When in doubt, ADD a port, select local port and call it anything you like (EPDF, Encompass, etc.)
Check the Print Spooler settings. The Encompass printer should be set to Spool Print Documents:
- Apply / OK these settings.
- Open Adobe Reader. Check the Adobe Reader settings, Disable Protected mode at Startup. (Edit Menu, Preferences, General Section)
- Run Encompass as an admin (right click the Encompass Icon, select ‘Run as Administrator’)
- Retry the opening / preview or printing a document in the efolder.
- If this still fails: Delete the Encompass Printer (NOT the Encompass Efolder printer) and re-run the Encompass Installer, and reboot.
- If this still fails: Uninstall Encompass, Smart Client Core, all versions of Visual C++, delete the Encompass printer. Reinstall Encompass. (This takes a long time.)
- If this still fails: Start a MalwareBytes full scan and assign the Ticket to the IT requests group.